Our website should tell you all you need to know. Take a look and you’ll see we’re one of the biggest award-winning digital agencies in the country – over 130 staff with a diverse range of stellar clients including Lloyds Banking Group, Heathrow, Greyhound, Spurs, Channel 4 and Universal.
You’d be joining us in our Edinburgh HQ. We’re a friendly and social team, based in vibrant neighbourhoods, and did we mention Friday bacon sandwiches and beer o’clock?
You will have:
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies i.e. VMWare, Xen, KVM, HYPER V.
- Knowledge of server environments:
- Linux - admin
Basic Linux tools
- Windows server
- Strong security awareness of best practices and implementation.
- Ability to support small to medium sized networked server infrastructure
Positive attitude towards the end user.
- Monitoring network infrastructure, SNMP, syslog, linux logs
- BCP/DR awareness
Backups - Symantec Backup Exec
Offsite backup methodologies
- Server/PC hardware WINTEL
- Strong knowledge of Change control
- Willing to learn cross discipline skills
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving methodologies
- Thirst for knowledge and personal development
Useful, though not essential:
- Physical layer troubleshooting
- Configuring and administering
- Configuring vpn tunnels such as IPsec, OpenVPN, remote access VPN (Microsoft RAS, L2TP, PPTP, SSL Anyconnect)
- TCP/IP, Switching (STP, trunking, VLAN) , wireless, routing, NAT, IPv4 subnetting
- Mac experience / troubleshooting
- Structured Cabling
- Hosting knowledge
- Telephone systems
- Public DNS, Domain administration, CNAME records , A records, MX records, TXT records and SPF records etc..
Qualities we look for:
- Team player/work on own initiative
- Take ownership & responsibility for tasks within projects
- Preferably have had exposure to a wide range of technologies
- Should be able to understand the business impact of their role, and actively pursues practices that assist with mitigating any negative consequences
- Has the aptitude and willingness to learn quickly and in a way beneficial to the business, the department and their own career
- Is able to effectively manage expectations and their own time, prioritising according to communicated business requirements
- Understand and demonstrate and utilise effective problem solving methodology
- Be willing and able to share their knowledge and skills with other people within the organisation, whether that be other system engineers or members of other teams
- Must have good problem solving/fault finding skills and know how to find and assess specific knowledge quickly.
- Must have ‘Can Do’ attitude and approach
If you think you fit the bill and are looking for an opportunity to further your career within an award winning agency, then don’t be shy.
We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com
We do not accept unsolicited CVs or resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms. We politely request that you do not approach our teams or managers on this basis.
We have a list of preferred suppliers for recruitment purposes and are not accepting new applications at this stage.