Mid-weight/ Senior UX Consultant
Our website should tell you all you need to know. Take a look and you’ll see we’re one of the biggest digital agencies in the country – over 130 staff with a diverse range of stellar clients including, Lloyds Banking Group, Heathrow, Greyhound. Spurs, Channel 4 and Universal.
When we say 'User Experience Consultant' what do we really mean?
We want someone who loves to champion the end customer. You will be happiest when you deliver something that not only works for the end customer, but changes the perception of the brand that created it. We are not after a wireframe monkey, we want someone that asks why, and makes sure they are solving the real problem.
Sound good? Read on…
You love to make the complex, simple. You can think big picture, but also like the little details. You feel comfortable working across different industries and like to mix up larger strategic engagements with quick tactical initiatives. You are in your element whether, talking to users, creating prototypes, or talking wider experience strategy to business stakeholders.
You understand that although there is an ideal process, back in the real world nothing is perfect, and there are often budget or timescale constraints that require quick thinking and an entrepreneurial attitude to make the most of the situation given the challenge.
You are passionate about designing for people, and are always looking for new ways to uncover insights and excite the users you are designing for. You champion methods and approaches both internally and externally to allow other others to see the true value of putting people at the centre of design process.
You will be comfortable working...
- At pace – we don’t like to dilly dally
- As part of a team – this is not a place for lone wolfs
- With clients - we like everyone to get face time
- On pitches - we are an agency after all
- On your own - everyone can improve
You believe that:
- Putting people first leads to more successful and more effective products, but not everything people say is true, or what you should do.
- Small multidisciplinary teams working together, and collaboratively with clients throughout projects, leads to the best results.
- A strong collaborative, open and creative culture leads to is the most satisfying and stimulating work environment
To succeed you will need…
- 2-3 years experience in user experience / service design field with experience in supporting other team members.
Bonus points for...
- Relevant degree qualification e.g. User Experience, HCI service Design, Psychology, Industrial Design
- Experience of working with developers in an agile environment
If you think you fit the bill and are looking for an opportunity to further your career within an award winning agency, then don’t be shy.
We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com.
We do not accept unsolicited CVs or resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms. We politely request that you do not approach our teams or managers on this basis.
We have a list of preferred suppliers for recruitment purposes and are not accepting new applications at this stage.